Saturday, October 9, 2010

Embarrasment of riches

I went to the Folk Life Festival and the Capitol Hill Block Party, check out the Steel Tigers of Death costume change:

and saw 12 bands. I've seen close to 30 bands at the Vera project,



and I saw more than 20 at Bumbershoot.




I should be well into the sixties, with the free Vampire Weekend/The Head and the Heart shows and so on nudging me up to 70 and a couple months or more to go I might manage to see 80 bands - probably a bit less, but that's still probably a personal best for me.

If I went to all 3 days of the CHBP and all days of the Folk Life Fest I could probably see another 30 bands, and if I managed to weasle into the Sasquatch Vera tablers I might get another 12. Now just a little more attention to attending Veracity and program shows I could be seeing more than 150 in 2011. Especially if you start including niche festivals: honk fest and reverb and blues and jazz etc.

I dunno, that's probably more ambitious than is reasonable. It would be fun to try!

No comments: